WEDDINGS | RECEPTIONS | ELOPEMENTS
Easy, Fun & Worry-Free
Wedding Makeup and Hair services
Being a SOYI bride means you can just sit back, relax and just let us work our magic to make you look effortlessly beautiful.
We want it to be a worry free experience for you. From the beginning, we communicate with clarity.
When you work with us, it is a blissful bridal experience. Our process makes it easy for you to understand what is next. We guide you step by step. We take care of the little things so you can be worry free!
Our team takes time to understand your style, listen to your wedding vision and spend time with you during the trial to find the perfect makeup and hair style for you.
We want to help you make the wedding you have been dreaming of since a little girl come true!
The bridal trial
This is a personal trial session to help you find the perfect style for your big day.
1. Consultation: As the Bride, you will share vision and style you have in mind. We take time to understand your wedding style, your inspiration pictures and the little details of your wedding.
2. Professional opinion: Our MUA provides opinions based on what is best for your facial features, skin type, hair type and length.
3. Try out: We make the magic and try out the makeup and hair on you.
4. Complete the look: We will finish the look with hair accessories, veil, earrings and etc to see the complete look.
5. Photos: Before and after photos will be taken for the artist's reference before your wedding.
Raving reviews from brides
Thank you for your interest in my service! Before you inquire, please read the following.
1. A minimum spending requirement of $1200 + on location travel fee applies to bookings on weekends and holidays (April to October). If you do not have bridesmaids, a minimum booking fee still applies.
2. For local weddings, I will travel up to a maximum of 100 miles from Campbell CA 95008.
3. A wedding will be considered as a destination wedding if the get ready location is more than 100 miles from Campbell CA 95008. Clients will be responsible for the artists' transportation, accommodation and meals.
4. Branding and quality of work are very important to me. I will only commit to a wedding if the bride is getting both makeup and hair done from me.
5. Bridal trials are only offered to booked clients (contract signed and retainer received). If you have not secured a wedding booking with me, I cannot schedule a bridal trial in.
6. All styling services will commence after 6:00am.
7. Bookings are first come first serve. Booking is only confirmed when a signed contract and a retainer are both received. Receiving a quote does not mean the date is soft held.
8. Prices are subject to change without notice.
9. Prices are firm and non-negotiable.
Wedding Day Makeup and Hair Menu
Bridal Hair and Makeup: $850
Includes the following:
Bridal makeup application
High quality custom eyelashes
Complimentary accessory rental (1 set)
Complimentary touch up kit
Complimentary airbrush foundation
Additional touch up/ hair change*: $150 per hour
Bridal Trial and Engagement
Bridal Trial: $350 (Mon-Thu), $450 (Fri-Sun & holidays)
Bridal Trial & Engagement on the same day: $450 (Mon-Thu), $550 (Fri-Sun & holidays)
For Bridesmaids, Mothers, Friends and/ or Relatives
(With bride's makeup and hair)
Makeup only: $130 per person
Hair only: $130 per person
Makeup and Hair: $250 per person
(Without bride's makeup and hair)
Makeup only: $150 per person
Hair only: $150 per person
Makeup and Hair: $280 per person
Airbrush foundation: $30 per person
Flower girl (under 10 years old) Makeup and Hair: $80
Groom's Touch-up and Hair: $100
Flower Girl and Groom
Add on Services
Additional touch up/ hair change*: $150 per hour
Tattoo cover up (depending on size and color): $30+
Body coverage (shoulder and back): $50
Accessory rental: $50 per set
Hair extensions rental: $75
In Studio Weekday Bridal Services
For City Hall/ Civil Ceremony (weekdays and in studio only)
Hair and Makeup: $500
1. Travel fee: please ask for a quote
2. Parking fee: valet, toll and parking fees are billed to the client if applicable
3. Late fee: $40 per 15 mins of delay when the client is late for the scheduled start time
4. Early start fee (per artist): before 8am: $80, before 7am: $100
* Touch up time starts counting when first makeup and hair is done
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Prices are firm and non-negotiable.
An Inquiry Form
Frequently asked questions
How much is travel fee?
Travel fee will be charged when the get ready location is not in the studio. It is based on the travel distance and time for each artist. Please provide the address of your get ready location in the wedding form and a travel fee quote will be provided to you.
What if I don't meet the minimum spending requirement?
For weddings that fall on weekends and holidays from April to October, the minimum booking fee of $1200 still applies to the bookings.
Can I make changes to the services after accepting the booking?
Once you have placed a deposit, services cannot be removed. If you are unsure, please exclude the services out of the quote. Additional services may be added depending on artists' availabilty but booked services cannot be removed. If the get ready location or time is changing, I will do my best to accomodate the changes but there is no gaurantee.
What does the payment schedule look like?
The total cost of the booking is paid over 2 payments.
How much time should I allow for hair and makeup applications for the wedding day?
This all depends on what hair and makeup style you want. Generally, I allow around 1 hour for the bridesmaids and around 2 to 2.5 hours for the bride. For hairstyles that require hair extensions, I will need extra 15 - 30 minutes per person.
What happens if the hair and makeup time changes for my wedding date?
Makeup and hair service time is determined at the time of booking.
I love your style. When should I book my wedding hair and makeup services.
My schedule opens one year in advance. If you are interested in my services, please fill out the "request for a wedding quote" form using the button below.
What is the booking process like?
1. Submit the "request for a wedding quote" (Button at the end of this page)
Do you offer discounts?
Prices are firm and non negotiable. All clients are paying the same rates listed on the price list.
Can you soft hold the date for me? Can you notify me when the date is filled?
Reservation is on first come first serve basis. Soyi Makeup and hair is not obligated to notify clients when the date is filled.
How early should I book you?
At SOYI makeup and hair, our schedule is open one year in advance for booking. Most brides book 6-9 months in advance.
When should I book a bridal trial?
I will get in touch with you 4 months before your wedding day to schedule a trial. I would recommend having a trial no earlier than 3 - 4 months before your wedding day as your taste in styles may change. By then most things would have been decided on, it will be much easier to decide on the perfect makeup and hair style for you.
Where does the trial take place?
The trial will be at my home studio in Campbell CA 95008 (near San Jose). I do not travel for trials.
Can my mother and bridesmaids have a trial too?
How should I prepare for the bridal trial?
I will reach out to you 4 months before your wedding date to schedule a trial in. If you wish to have the trial earlier, this can be arranged too.
May I do a bridal trial before I commit?
Bridal trial is only offered to brides who have secured a wedding booking.
Will you take before and after pictures during the bridal trial?
Yes. Before and after pictures help you to see the difference that makeup and hair can make. Our makeup artists also keep your images on file as reference for your wedding day.
What brand of hair extensions do you recommend if I need them?
I highly recommend clip-in hair extensions as it will be easier to style.
What makeup brands do you use?
Why do I need to hire a professional makeup artist for my wedding?
Makeup for photography is different from your everyday makeup. A professional makeup artist understands camera, lighting and reflected light, that is, not just the way you look when seen with the eye, but the way your makeup will translate when the light bounces off your face and is refracted back to the camera in your photos and video.
On this special day, how you look and feel is most important. You will find that most people won’t remember what brand of crystal or linen you chose or which expensive wine and champagne you poured, but they will be looking at you, the bride; in person and in your photos and videos. These pictures in your wedding album will last a lifetime, records your family, children and their children will have always.
How long will my makeup last?
Using a variety of professional waterproof and water resistant products and along with studio application techniques, your makeup should last most of the day and into the night.
Expect the usual minor touch-ups such as replenishing your lipstick or blotting or powdering shine from your face once in a while. In the early conversations, the makeup artist will ask you to choose and supply your own lip color (for touch-ups the rest of the day and evening) and it is also a good idea to invest in a pressed powder compact compatible with your skin tone. Our makeup artists also provide touch up services, please inquire for more details.
Do you have experience with different ethic groups, age groups, skin colors and skin types?
Yes, from our many years in the makeup industry working with ethnicities of all ages and brides from all over the world. We have always specialized in customblended makeup to match any skin tone; light or dark, pink or olive. We are also used to working with all skin types: young problem skin; delicate, sensitive or mature.
Is a security deposit required to rent a hair accessory or hair extensions?
A deposit of $100/ piece is required for hairpiece rental. The deposit will be fully refunded once the hairpiece is received without defect. Client must return the hairpiece within 5 business days by mail.
Is gratutity included in the balance?
Gratutity is not included in the final balacne. It is greatly appreciated!